I am so honored to be the recipient of The Sunshine Award by Anita at Aunt Nubby's Kitchen. If you haven't visited Anita's blog, it's a must! Besides being such a sweet person, she is a fantastic cook and an organizing fool. ;-) I wish she would come to my house.
The Sunshine Award is given by bloggers to bloggers.
The recipients of the Sunshine Award are:
"Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere."
The way the award works is this:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they've been awarded the Sunshine Award!
4. Don't forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
Not sure about your interest in learning about me but here goes! :-)
1. Yes, I'm sick of the heat! I should not say anything as it isn't as bad as last year...yet. Last year we had 73 days of triple digits.
2. Today is my gorgeous granddaughter's birthday ~ 15! Where has the time gone? She asked for a Red Velvet Cake so that's what I did yesterday.
3. I haven't had a Pepsi in weeks! Trying so hard to just drink water and iced tea...unsweetened. Of course, everyone in the south seems to love sweet tea.
4. I'm transcribing a friend's memoirs. We went to school together from the 4th grade on and I can relate to so many of the stories. It's such fun to remember our days in high school especially.
5. I've been thinking of writing mine and now I know I will. I think it's a treasure to leave for your kids.
6. I'm a member of a internet prayer group and 2 of the members and I have elected to share prayer time daily...2p.m. my time. One is in England and the other on the west coast. Really a meaningful experience!
7. I am weird...as you know. :-) I take a lot of showers in hot weather and I cannot stand for my feet to get dirty. After being outside, I always wash my feet and especially before going to bed.
8. I love watermelon! I've been having it for breakfast and as a late afternoon snack.
9. I have an "addiction" for candles and lamps.
10. Haven't been blogging much lately as I've been so depressed about my friends' passing. I'm really working on changing this.
11. An extra! Another sweet friend gave me an award and I will share that soon.
The 10 blogs that I am awarding the Sunshine Award to in no particular order are:
Diana at Nanadiana Takes A Break
Barbara at Two Birdies & A Bee
Ginger at Small Town, USA
Lisa at Simply....This, That and the Other
Lisa at The Enchanted Oven
Teresa at Our Southern "Country" Home & Farm
Ann at On Sutton Place
Helen at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Maggie at Just Between Me and You
Suzan at Simply Vintageous
There are many, many more in blog land that bring sunshine to my world and you know who you are! :-) I know many blogs are award free and that's ok!