I'm so anxious for spring ~ these roses just make me happy! I'm not looking at the chocolate ~ :-)
Korrie at Red Hen Home recently posted her 25 Things and I thoroughly enjoyed it so thought I'd try too.
1. "Hi, my name is Pat and I am totally addicted to Pepsi." I have no idea why it calls my name so often lately.
2. It appears as though I'll have my last physical therapy sessions next week. It has been a challenge but oh, so worth it!
3. Holly, the therapist, recommended getting knee braces. The right patella is doing good, the left one "floats" and will not stay in place. Anyway, yesterday after therapy I went to The Brace Store nearby...they fitted me, explained the details, etc. Cost? $100 bucks ~ for one. :-(
4. Today Holly agreed with me that the cost was exorbitant ~ after all, it is not a custom made brace. She found some at a Medical Supply source online....$8 each. Yay!
5. I absolutely love sandals and I'm already seeing such cute ones in a couple of stores locally.
6. I'm ready to plant some seeds and anxious to have flowers and plants outside. Flowers in abundance make me so happy!
7. I actually bought a bouquet for myself this week at the store...only $4 and so very pretty.
8. My grandson's regional track meet was yesterday...actually lasted until 11p.m. last night. He won 1st place in 3 races! Between the 2nd and 3rd race, he competed in the long jump and was 1st there too....then turned his ankle. The trainer taped it and then he ran the 3rd race. He's such a great athlete and amazingly handsome!
9. Do you have difficulty deciding on paint colors for furniture? I'm in such a quandary. I have 4 pieces to paint and just cannot make a decision. I think I'll buy paint for one and then see how I feel after it is completed.
10. I'm boxing up a lot of decorative items...not ready to give them up yet. Right now they feel "heavy" to me.
11. Hearing the dishwasher and it's grinding like a piece of heavy equipment....hmmmm.
12. I will never, ever understand why people sit a very long time waiting for a green light to change and, when it does, they continue to sit. When it's a protected turn, few cars can get through. I want to yell at them that it's not gonna get any greener!
13. And....why do people drive slower than even possible and stay in the left lane? It's like they are in another world...or on the phone.
14. I'm a native Texan and have lived here all my life. In different cities, but not outside the state.
15. The ocean and a beach are like therapy for me. I am craving time to spend walking the beach, finding sea shells, reading a good book and having Cabana boys bring me drinks, etc.
16. My brother and sister-in-love volunteer in cities after natural disasters. They spent several days in Joplin, MO, after the horrendous tornadoes swept through there. A friend and I are collecting clothes and food items for them to have on hand, just in case.
17. My high school is having a Reunion in April. Notice I didn't say what year! :-) Actually, it's for everyone that has been out of school for XX years. Do you think I could lose 40 lbs, have a face lift and a new wardrobe in time?
18. I could eat rice in any form or fashion. I'm really working on having only brown or wild rice now.
19. There's no wreath or decor on my front door at the moment...highly unusual for me. That should be corrected don't you think?
20. For some reason, I'm loving shades of pink this season...deep shades, no pastels. I've never been a "pink" person so I think this is weird. Perhaps I'm the weird part here! :-)
21. I just love bloggers that are "real" don't you? They show their homes that are actually lived in, the projects that don't turn out perfectly and they don't spend a ton of money on things. There are lots of talented and creative people that do so much it seems with very little.
22. Going to a thrift store is so fun I think! I always get excited when I find treasures that cost very, very little. That helped a lot with my wardrobe when I was working. I found Ann Taylor skirts for $3, shoes, jackets, sweaters...items with tags still on them.
23. My mother loved Easter (really, all holidays). She passed away just prior to Easter Sunday in 2003. It's been difficult for me to decorate or really get into it like I did prior to that.
24. I'm striving for consistency with my daily gratitude lists. I was in a yucky mood for awhile with all the renovation problems here in Dec & Jan and then the knee problems. I find that staying in gratitude makes everything better!
25. I did have a pedicure last week and my toes are turquoise. Really fun ~
IF you made it through, thank you so much! ;-)